Get FREE OCD advice within the next 24 hours from expert, Doctor Steven Brodsky, an OCD treatment specialist in NY and NJ, seen on TV, and available nationally by teletherapy. Take the OCD Test below. Email your question or call 212-726-2390 for a free consultation about the MEDICATION-FREE treatment for intrusive thoughts, behaviors, worries, and fears. Or make an appointment online instantly now. Both virtual teletherapy and in-person sessions are available nationwide in 34 states. We're everywhere you are. Treatment is more affordable than ever. (Skip to Insurance and Types of OCD)
TAKE THE OCD TEST
1. Do you have disturbing intrusive thoughts that just seem to "pop into your head" that you feel you have no control over? These thoughts could be about harm to yourself or others, health, cleanliness, safety, sexuality, violence, religion or morality, guilt, over-responsibility, things being out of order, appearance or body image, nonsense thoughts, or unanswerable philosophical questions.
Read more for Dr. Brodsky in the media about ROCD.
2. Do the thoughts cause exaggerated anxiety, fear, guilt, panic, or discomfort that, at times, seems irrational even to you? (Young children with OCD might not believe their thoughts are irrational.)
3. Do you feel an irresistible urge to "fight off" the disturbing thoughts by thinking a counteracting thought, seeking others' reassurance, reassuring yourself, researching the internet, reviewing past events, trying to resolve an unanswerable question in your mind, testing, checking something or someone is alright, or repeating a behavior? Does this urge seem almost against your will? Keep in mind that compulsions are often not physical behaviors; they can also be purely mental attempts to "talk yourself out of the worry."
Click for Dr. Brodsky in the media.
4. Does your attempt to "fight off" the intrusive thought bring no relief or temporary relief at best? Do you do it anyway because you feel you "just can't stop?"
5. Do your worries and behaviors cause you more than ordinary stress, delay you, or bother others (family, friends, bosses)?
Read more about Dr. Brodsky's treatment and testimonial in a book by his former client.
6. Do you try to avoid any other type of person, place, task, or activity, or have to work very hard to overcompensate or struggle though it when you can't avoid it?
7. Is there anything else that you do extremely carefully, recheck it to be sure, or do over again until it feels right?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it could be Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a common condition, shared by millions of people. The good news is that there is help. OCD is extremely treatable, and might not require medication. There is plenty of reason to be hopeful of overcoming this once and for all and live a normal happy life if you get the RIGHT treatment! If you are still suffering, then you simply didn't get the right kind of therapy.
Email your question or call 212-726-2390 for a free consultation about the MEDICATION-FREE treatment for intrusive thoughts, behaviors, worries, anxiety, and fears. Or make an appointment online instantly. Virtual or in-person appointments are available nationwide in 34 states. We're everywhere you are. Treatment is more affordable than ever.
Dr. Brodsky has virtual teletherapy sessions nationwide in 34 states and physical offices that are convenient to midtown Manhattan and the entire New York Metropolitan area, New Jersey, Westchester, Rockland, Long Island, and Connecticut, and close to all subways, trains, and buses. We're everywhere you are! (This website and Dr. Brodsky's advice is for informational purposes only and is not, nor should it be construed as, treatment or diagnosis.)