Get FREE OCD advice within the next 24 hours from OCD expert, Doctor Steven Brodsky, an OCD treatment specialist in NY and NJ. Take the OCD Test below to see if you have OCD. Email your OCD question or call (only NY-NJ-CT please) 212-726-2390 for a free consultation about the MEDICATION-FREE treatment for OCD thoughts, worries, and fears. Or make an appointment online instantly now.
TAKE THE OCD TEST
1. Do you have disturbing thoughts that just seem to "pop into your head" that you feel you have no control over? These thoughts could be about harm to yourself or others, health, cleanliness, safety, sexuality, violence, religion or morality, guilt, over-responsibility, things being out of order, appearance or body image, nonsense thoughts, or unanswerable philosophical questions.
2. Do the thoughts cause an exaggerated anxiety, fear, guilt, panic, or discomfort that, at times, seems irrational even to you? (Young children with OCD might not believe their thoughts are irrational.)
3. Do you feel an irresistable urge to "fight off" the disturbing thoughts by a repetitive behavior, or by thinking a counteracting thought, seeking others' reassurance, researching the internet, reviewing past events, or by trying to resolve an unanswerable question in your mind? Does this urge seem almost against your will? Keep in mind that compulsions are often not physical behaviors; they can also be purely mental attempts to "talk yourself out of the worry."
Click for Dr. Brodsky in the media.
4. Does your attempt to "fight off" the thought bring no relief or temporary relief at best? Do you do it anyway because you feel you "just can't stop?"
5. Do your worries and behaviors cause you more than ordinary stress, delay you, or bother others (family, friends, bosses)?
6. Do you try to avoid any other type of person, place, task, or activity, or have to work very hard to struggle though?
7. Is there anything else that you do extremely carefully, recheck it to be sure, or do over again until it feels right?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it could be OCD. OCD is a common condition, shared by millions of people. The good news is that there is help. OCD is extremely treatable, and might not require medication. There is plenty of reason to be hopeful of overcoming OCD once and for all and live a normal happy life if you get the RIGHT treatment! If you are still suffering, then you simply didn't get the right kind of therapy for OCD.
Email your OCD question or call (only NY-NJ-CT please) 212-726-2390 for a free consultation about the MEDICATION-FREE treatment for OCD thoughts, worries, and fears. Or make an appointment online instantly now.
Dr. Brodsky's offices are convenient to mid-town Manhattan and the entire New York Metropolitan area, Westchester, Rockland, New Jersey, Long Island, and Connecticut, and close to all subways, trains, and buses. Phone sessions can be arranged (only) for clients in remote areas. (This website and Dr. Brodsky's advice is for informational purposes only and is not, nor should it be construed as, treatment or diagnosis.)